The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Diploma is an advanced program designed to develop leaders in the area of health and safety, with a mixture of business management skills and specialized technical health and safety skills. A differentiating theme throughout all courses is a focus on "system thinking" rather than "incident thinking".
The OHS Diploma consists of four core management courses that focus on giving a broad understanding of business, leadership, communications, workplace training, and decision-making. Six additional elective courses must also be taken. The workload for each course includes student engagement, online content, reading additional referenced materials, doing self-checks, assignments, and module exams. Learn more about OHS Diploma courses.
This program is designed for supervisors, managers, and OHS leaders.
- Gain solid knowledge and skills related to OHS
- Broaden managerial skills
- Learn advanced technical skills
- Gain an understanding of business, leadership, communications, workplace training, and decision-making
- Move from "incident thinking" to "system thinking"
- Available in a completely online, self-paced learning format that fits your schedule
A valid CRSP® or CRST® designation or a University of New Brunswick approved OHS certificate program. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Fees and schedule
The diploma may be taken one course at a time, at a cost of $645 per course. Students take approximately two years to complete the diploma.
Want to know more about DOHS? Access our free online information session.